Fellowship In Diabetic Foot Management (FDFM)
As per IDF data, approximately 425 million people are affected by diabetes across the globe, significant part of whom are in the Asia pacific region. India is now the diabetes capital of the world with 73 million people affected. It is estimated that diabetes would affect more 12% of the population by 2025 (source – IDF atlas 8 edition). Foot complications is one of the most serious conditions, affecting 19% - 25% of diabetic population. It is noteworthy that one third of the expenditure on diabetic care is linked to management of foot ulcers
Diabetic foot care is in its incipient stage in India and Asia however foot complications due to diabetes are
increasing at an alarming pace. About 100 thousand lower limb amputations are conducted among diabetic patients
in India per year.
It should be the utmost endeavour of every physician dealing with diabetic care to give comprehensive diabetic care, including foot care to the patients so that we can improve the quality of life and reduce amputations due to diabetes amongst the population.
Fellowship In Diabetic Foot Management(FDFM) is India’s 6 months mentor led, blended learning program in podiatry. It includes online video modules, live webinars & workshops, hands on training, MCQ and descriptive assessments along with in-person mentoring. The course covers a wide variety of practice essential topics such as applied anatomy, biomechanics of the foot, advanced diabetic foot management techniques such as plasma replacement therapy, ultrasonic debridement and role of orthotics and many more.
The program is conducted under the able guidance and mentorship of leading national and international experts. On successful completion of course, candidates shall be awarded a completion certificate with accreditation from Indian Podiatry Association (IPA).
This course is intended to enhance the clinical skills of every physician dealing with diabetic foot care. This course is meant for Physicians, General Practitioners, Post- graduates and House Surgeons.
The course is developed with new age learning technologies, keeping all aspects of learning in mind and delivered in partnership with Mediknit, a leading professional medical education organization.
- Registration begins on : 25 April 2018
- Course begines from : 15 July 2018
- Course Duration : 26 Weeks (24 weeks + 1 week of hands-on workshop* & 1 week of assessment)
* Workshop centers: Bangalore, Delhi, Ajmer, Kanpur
On completion of the course, the physician should be able to:
- Understand the concepts of diabetic foot care and podiatry
- Identify and diagnose diabetic foot conditions
- Refer diabetic foot complications cases on time to a specialist
- Provide foot care advise to diabetic patients
- Help in creating awareness and reducing the number of amputations due to diabetic complications.
- Understanding Diabetic Mellitus
- Diabetic Neuropathy
- Diabetic Vasculopathy
- Diabetic Foot
- Clinical Evaluation of Diabetic Foot Ulcers
- Diagnostic Investigations
- Gait Analysis
- Biomechanics of Foot
- Offloading of Pressure
- Surgical Techniques
- Callus/Corn/Wart Surgery
- Third Virtual mentor Connect
- Ingrowing Toe Nail Surgery
- Debridement of Foot Ulcers
- Wound Dressings
- Latest Technologies in Wound Care
- Vascular Interventions to Salvage Diabetic Foot
- Hyperbaric Therapy (HBOT)
- Laser Therapy
- Stem Cell Therapy
- PRP Therapy
- VAC Therapy
- Setting up Podiatric Clinic Clinic
- One Week Hands-On Observership
- MBBS/MD/MS practicing physicians should produce valid medical council registration certificate.
- MBBS House Surgeons should produce a valid provisional degree certificate.
- All candidates to provide at least 2 professional references
Kindly note that all the applications shall be screened and selected by the course director(s). Neither IPA nor Mediknit promises any of applicants of an assured seat until the final short list is announced by the course director(s).
- 10,000/- Registration fee (non refundable)
- 50,000/- Course fee (on confirmation of admission)
- Contact Session fee
- Examination & Convocation fee
All above mentioned fees are in INR and applicable only in SAARC countries and Africa. Conversion and bank charges for international payments will be additional.
* GST @18% will be applicable.
* For international registrations (outside of the above mentioned regions) the total course fees would be 1000 USD + applicable bank charges and taxes).
* At no instance shall the registration fee of ₹10000 shall be refunded (Whether the applicant is disqualified or fails to take up the course). On short listing the names if the applicant chooses not to take up the course, he shall inform not later than 10 days from the date of short list announcement.
* Course fee (in part or full) shall not be refunded if the applicant fails to complete the course or attend the convocation.
* All expenses during the workshop (including travel and lodging) shall be borne completely by the registered learner and is not a part of the course fee.